Deadline: 30 September 2016 United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the p
Deadline: 30 September 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Assistant in Nigeria.
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform programme support functions for the Communication for Development programme, including follow-up in fields of work such as programming, budget monitoring, and supervision of administrative staff.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Arrange for review, recording and administrative processing of government requests for assistance in VISION and follow-up of process.
- Ensure timely processing and retirement of Cash Assistance to partners, verify authenticity and completeness of documents and that they meet the acceptable accounting standards. Meet with counterparts to resolve bottlenecks.
- Perform routine VISION operations such as drafting PRQs, CRQS and SRQs.
- Monitor project/programme activities by reviewing a variety of records, including control plans, progress reports, project inputs, budgets and financial expenditures.
- Prepare periodic report required for programme management and monitoring including selective participation in follow up visits to project sites as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections of it.
- Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions for planning and management.
- Assist in the identification and formulation of development co-operation programs and projects and participate in the preparation of draft proposals and donor reports as well as project documents.
- Perform oversight functions pertaining to logistic arrangement for workshops including liaising with participants/facilitators etc., on travels, visas, reservations and claims.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of Secondary education, preferably University degree or its equivalent in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 7 years progressively responsible experience in programme co-ordination and administrative work, of which at least three years are mainly on support and management of programme activities.
- Fluency in English Language required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station and another working language of the organization, an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF