Deadline: 10 October 2016 Applicants are invited to apply for #WINsiders4Good Nigeria Fellowship, the program designed to help Windows Insiders tackle
Deadline: 10 October 2016
Applicants are invited to apply for #WINsiders4Good Nigeria Fellowship, the program designed to help Windows Insiders tackle important issues in their local communities.
With the #WINsiders4Good Nigeria Fellowship, the program want to build a fellowship of up to 20 Nigerian entrepreneurs to develop products and services that would help improve the lives of Nigerian people.
The program opens to just about any product or service that can effectively address an important social or economic issue in Nigerian communities such as:
- Public safety
- Clean water
- Much more
- To help develop a product or service, Fellows will receive Microsoft hardware and software, including Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure credits.
- Fellows will also receive technical and strategic mentorship from Microsoft staff, local and international experts.
- The program wants to learn more about the specific needs of the Fellows and their solutions to tailor an engagement that will most benefit them.
20 #WINSiders4Good Fellows will be selected on November 2016 based on the following criteria:
- Social Impact
- Addresses a common issue affecting a clearly identified segment of the Nigerian population and provides a clear benefit to the potential customers in addressing this issue
- Market Viability
- The product or service has a clearly defined market that is willing and able to pay for the services to address the issue, the paying customer does not always be the end user
- The product or service provides a unique approach to the issues faced by the Nigerian people through a net new innovation the market has yet seen; an improvement on existing solutions; or a combination of multiple solutions for more effective and efficient intervention
- The business has the potential to serve customers across the geographic region where the entrepreneur is based, or across all of Nigeria
Residents of Nigeria who meet the following eligibility requirements may submit an application to participate in the #WINSiders4Good Fellowship program (the “Fellowship”):
- Be a registered member of the Windows Insider Program
- Be a legal resident of Nigeria and age 18 or over
- Originate an idea for a product or service that will improve the lives of Nigerian people
- Be willing to provide additional information and personal references upon request by Microsoft in support of your application. Select applicants will be requested to participate in a second round application process for final determination of fellowship.
- Be willing to adhere to the Fellowship Requirements, should you be awarded a fellowship.
- GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
- Applicants are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary.
- Applicants are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partners, and child) or household member of a Microsoft employee or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this promotion.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit Windows Insider Program